My agenda during this pandemic...
- Right now, we are in a pandemic that is a health and economic crisis. It equires the boldest possible efforts to create jobs, help working families, have affordable health care, and address these deep racial disparities that this virus has exposed.
- People face impossible health care and drug costs. My healthcare plan offers universal healthcare for all and allows anybody losing their employer health insurance to enroll in an improved Medicare, without deductibles. It achieves universal coverage while allowing people to keep their private insurance.
- My greatly increased and fully refundable child tax credit was included in the Biden/Harris tax plan to help families through this crisis. This plan will ensure a big infusion of money to working families and the vulnerable. I always battled for middle-class tax cuts.
- I am the leader in the Congress on helping working families with paid sick days and family and medical leave, regular schedules at work, universal child care, and women being ensured equal pay with men.
- Here in my district, I’ve made our defense jobs secure and not outsourced by battling successfully to make sure all Marine One helicopters and Aerial refueling tankers continue to be built in our state.
- In this economic crisis, we need bold infrastructure investment, and I am the original sponsor of the private-public infrastructure bill to create jobs. Biden’s plan for the green revolution invests immediately to create green jobs.
- Climate change is an existential crisis and that is why I am an original co-sponsor of the Green New Deal. I embrace Biden’s bold plan to invest in new technology, to drive down the cost of renewable energy and create millions of green jobs.
Get to know Rosa..
To really know Rosa, you have to know her family. From her first days tagging along with her father in Wooster Square, to standing up for her beliefs in Congress, one thing has never changed about Rosa — she cares deeply about people. Rosa’s parents always stressed the importance of hard work, compassion for others, and quality education.
In 1990, Rosa was elected to the House of Representatives, and she has served as the Congresswoman from Connecticut’s 3rd District ever since.
Rosa DeLauro the United States Congresswoman for Connecticut’s 3rd Congressional District. For Rosa, her work has been and will always be about helping people. Since coming to Congress, she has built a reputation as a hard-working, passionate, and forthright advocate for her constituents, an honest broker who works with members of all parties, and a leader on matters of domestic and social policy. She has helped improve schools, bring tax relief to middle-class families, protect employee pensions, and encourage job creation in Connecticut.
For Rosa, her work has been and will always be about helping people. Since coming to Congress, she has built a reputation as a hard-working, passionate, and forthright advocate for her constituents, an honest broker who works with members of all parties, and a leader on matters of domestic and social policy. She has helped improve schools, bring tax relief to middle-class families, protect employee pensions, and encourage job creation in Connecticut.
As the senior Democrat on the subcommittee responsible for funding the Department of Health and Human Services, Rosa seeks to ensure strong funding levels for programs that help improve access to quality, affordable health care.
Rosa believes strongly in women getting equal pay for equal work and has fought to protect women’s reproductive rights, consistently voting to maintain and increase access to safe medical care for pregnant women.
Rosa supports the responsible development of American natural gas, investing in the next generation of clean and renewable energy sources, and reducing our energy waste through efficiency improvements.
As Ranking Member of the House Appropriations Subcommittee that deals with these issues, Rosa has made enormous progress in improving food and drug safety and the safety of consumer products.
The Third District encompasses twenty-five Connecticut cities and towns: Ansonia, Beacon Falls, Bethany, Branford, Derby, Durham, East Haven, Guilford, Hamden, Middlefield, Middletown, Milford, Naugatuck, New Haven, North Branford, North Haven, Orange, Prospect, Seymour, Shelton, Stratford, Wallingford, Waterbury, West Haven, and Woodbridge. It is home to more than 700,000 people, and is full of quintessential New England towns and vibrant city streets. It contains critical industries, natural treasures, world class educational institutions, the first hamburger ever made and the best pizza in the world.